Resolution of names from another server not propagating

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon May 23 23:03:16 UTC 2005

Basically your problem boils down to: your slave is returning SERVFAIL
for any queries in a given zone. The most common cause is that
replication from the master is broken (or never worked). Check your logs
for successful or unsuccessful zone transfers from master to slave. If
zone transfers aren't working, check ACLs (both in the master
nameserver, in any firewalls between master and slave, etc.) or network
connectivity issues. Another possibility is that "zone-statistics yes"
is a syntax error so the slave zone definition is being rejected
_in_toto_ (you didn't say what version of BIND you're running, so I
can't tell whether it's valid syntax or not). That too should have shown
up as an error in your logs.

                                                - Kevin

P.S. Why call your slave zone file "stub.ite.MAIHAG.com"? It's a slave
zone, not a stub zone...