not listening on tcp

Maria Iano maria at iano.org
Sun May 22 13:29:46 UTC 2005

I ran netstat -a and saw that nothing was listening to port 53 at the
time. Then I restarted Bind and saw that tcp 53 was being listened to,
and tcp DNS queries were answered. Then I restarted Bind and netstat -a
showed tcp port 53 was not being listened to, and tcp DNS queries were
not answered, and then I restarted Bind and tcp port 53 was being
listened to and tcp DNS queries were answered, and so on...  It
appeared to be alternating, but I only restarted it about 7 times so
that could easily just be coincidence.

Thanks,
Maria