push zones to slaves

Ketil Froyn ketil at froyn.name
Sun May 15 16:20:39 UTC 2005

jacoute at free.fr wrote:

> I'm in the process of setting up a named master+slave servers.
> I was wondering if there was _any_ way to push the zones to the slave ?

Of course. Instead of relying on the AXFR or IXFR protocols, you can do
something like this when the zone has been modified:

rsync -e ssh /path/to/zonefile remote:/path/to/zonefile && \
ssh remote "rndc reload"

You'll have to configure the slave so that it thinks it is a master for
the zone. That can be a little confusing, but should work fine.

Ketil Froyn
ketil at froyn.name
http://ketil.froyn.name/