slave server does not reload

bob prohaska bp at fib.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 2 03:41:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

After moving to a new IP block a typo crept into the master zone file
for one of my domains. The typo was corrected, and the master server
gave the correct answer.

However, the slave server repeated the error, even after reloading
from the correctly-functioning master server. Renaming the backup
file and issuing rndc reload had no effect, the backup file was
_not_ recreated and the wrong answer was repeated. However, there
were no error messages, on command line or /var/log/messages.

A reboot of the slave reconstituted the backup zone
file and fixed the error.

If I made a mistake please let me know, rebooting seems too drastic.

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska