Moving DNS

Kris McElroy kris.mcelroy at duracom.net
Wed Mar 30 15:37:25 UTC 2005

We are buying another ISP right now and I have to move about 80 Domains to
my Name Server.  My question is this.

All there domains are registered with there registrar as ns.simplynet.net
and lovecraft.simplynet.net.  Instead of me going to the registrar of every
domain and changing the dns servers to my name servers, can I just change
the main domain simplynet.net dns server to ns1.duracom.net.  Then on the
simplynet.net zone file of ns1.duracom.net can I change the A record for
lovecraft and ns to point to the A record of ns1.duracom.net or should I do
a CNAME?

Thanks,

Kris