9.3.0 and 9.3.1 blocking durring maint interval

Rick Kelly rmk at toad.rmkhome.com
Mon Mar 28 21:29:39 UTC 2005

Joshua Coombs said:

>Sorry, I've been scolded for abuse of terminology off list as well.  By
>'maint interval' I meant cleaning interval.

>As far as memory usage, with the cleaning interval set to a non-zero
>reasonable value, I see no signs of a memory leak, and am not complaining of
>one.  My fault I'm attempting to diagnose is durring the cleaning process,
>Bind, even when running threaded stops responding to querries.

I never see a "cleaning process" going on where BIND stops responding to
queries. If you built BIND as a threaded application, you will see some
interesting effects if it gets paged out. The paging problem may be fixed
in -current.

Running Bind 9.3.1 on NetBSD 1.5.4 just works 24x7 without a hitch.
Rick Kelly	rmk at rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>
		<http://rkba.rmkhome.com/> - the right to keep and bear arms
		<http://wolf.rmkhome.com/> - firearm forums