Problem resolving a domain on my cache server. (part II)

Fabiano Silos Reis fsilos at ig.com
Tue Mar 22 13:12:34 UTC 2005

Hi list,

Some months ago I asked here about a domain I can=B4t resolve on my =
cache server because of a firewall on the dns that hosts this domain =
(they were blocking everyone doing queries using source udp port bellow =
53). Today I will ask again about one domain I can=B4t resolve on my =
cache server.=20

To make sure the problem is not firewall issue again I tested it using =
DIG and setting the source ip/port exactly to what named process is =
using to make queries. I receive answer without problems.

Actually I have problem to resolve just one hostname -> =
www.redecard.com.br. When I startup my cache server process and make one =
query to it I receive the answer from my server. But after some time =
running (and memory cache getting bigger) only this domain stops =
working. I=B4m not owner of domain redecard.com.br but the problem is =
some of my cache clients are complaining that they could not resolve =
this domain using my cache server. I couldn't understand why and how =
this is happening. I tried some things trying to fix it. Doing rndc =
flusname for some times I can resolve this domain but some times rndc =
flushname makes no difference.

Do someone have a clue on how to trace this kind of problem? Is the =
problem my cache or the problem is on a mistake at redecard.com.br dns =
servers?

Bellow I will paste my named configure line, version and named.conf. I =
would appreciate any help on this.=20

Thanks

Fabiano

Configure line:

./configure --enable-threads

Version:

/iG/named/sbin/named -v
BIND 9.3.1rc1

Named.conf

include "/etc/rndc.key";
controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndc-key; };
};
options {
     directory "/var/named";
     pid-file "named.pid";