Bind 9 is slow? Please help

Rick Jones foo at bar.baz.invalid
Mon Mar 21 20:38:14 UTC 2005

It was far from an exhaustive search, I only spent about five minutes
on it if that, less time than it took me to write this post, but the
BIND 9.3.1 configure script appears to default to autodetect for IPv6
support, and bases IPv6 support on the presence of a sockaddr_in6
structure.

So, if a platform is _capable_ of IPv6 it would seem that BIND 9.3.1
will include IPv6 support in the compile.

I've _not_ looked to see what the code does at runtime.

rick jones
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com  but NOT BOTH...