IP Address Blocked for SMTP, Server or Account IP?

Al Franz albert at nospam.netmation.com
Sun Mar 20 20:44:41 UTC 2005

Thought someone in the BIND group would be best to answer my question.

My ISP server I have my account on is not delivering sent mail to msn.com or
hotmail.com email addresses.  This server has an IP address and I have an
account that has it's own IP address on this server.  Which IP address is
Microsoft blocking most likely?  The IP address of the server or does SMTP
run under each individual accounts IP address if they have one?