bind-9.2.4-2 error

Sudheer Divakaran sudheer at svw.com
Thu Mar 10 11:29:58 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I have registered a domain softexdigital.in and set up the dns
entries.  But when I try to resolve www.softexdigital.in
<http://www.softexdigital.in>, dig returns SERVFAIL.  But, if I use the
option +trace in dig (dig +trace softexdigital.in), it resolves.  What
could be wrong?

My zone file & named.conf entries are given below.

Thanks
Sudheer

My named.conf entry
-------------------

zone "softexdigital.in" IN
{
    type master;
    file "softexdigital.in";
    allow-update { none; };
    allow-query  { any; };
};

My Zone file (softexdigital.in)
-------------------------------

$TTL 86400
@               IN      SOA     ns1.svw.com.    sysadmin.softexgroup.com. (
                        2005031001      ; serial
                        3H              ; refresh
                        15M             ; retry
                        1W              ; expire
                        1D              ; default_ttl
                        )
                        NS      ns1.svw.com.
                        NS      ns2.svw.com.
                        NS      ns1.softexdigital.com.
                        NS      ns2.softexdigital.com.
www                     A       203.200.144.21
www                     A       61.246.225.101