WPAD?

Kyle Gordon kyle.gordon at absolutestudios.com
Tue Mar 8 09:13:44 UTC 2005

The Bind part is fairly simple, as it's just another DNS record for your
domain. Just point wpad.yourdomain.foo to a webserver configured to listen on
that address, and set it up to hand out wpad.dat with the appropriate
settings inside it.

http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/faq/wpad.htm
http://www.wlug.org.nz/WPAD
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/plan/automaticdiscovery.mspx
http://www.grape-info.com/doc/win2000srv/internet-gw/wpad/

It even works for Firefox... Which is nice(tm)

Kyle