facing problem

Vishwanath T. K. vishytk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:31:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:35:47 -0500, Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article <d03hl2$2avg$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
>  "Vishwanath T. K." <vishytk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > i am new to the list, and am facing some problem.
> >
> > my scenario:
> >
> > FC1 + BIND (9.2.4)
> >
> > I have registered my domain (tech-solindia.com) and by default the
> > doamin has ns1.net4domain.com and ns2.net4domain.com as the
> > authoritative name servers for this domain.
> >
> > I have setup a separate server running FC1 with bind-9.2.4 to be have
> > master zone for tech-solindia.com
> >
> > Problem:
> > When ever i try to change the nameserver settings for the mentioned
> > domain to point to my server (dns.tech-solindia.com) it just fails.
> > The reason given to me by the domain server provider is that since we
> > are unable to ping to dns.tech-solindia.com the operation if failing.
> >
> > How do i change the nameserver to point to my nameserver in this case.
> > Please help me.
> >
> > my named.conf and the zone file is attached
>
> No they're not -- attachments are filtered out by this list.
>
> But what makes you even think they're relevant.  The reason given to you
> by your DNS provider is that they can't ping your server.  This has
> nothing to do with your DNS configuration files -- it means something is
> filtering ICMP (do you have a firewall?).

No the ICMP is not blocked.

The thing is that, the moment i created this domain, the above
mentioned ns1 and ns2 servers have become the authoritative servers
for my domain.

Now i have also setup an authoritative server for the same domain and
would like to point the authoritative nameservers for the domain to my
server. This operation is failing. I know that the service provider is
giving some silly reason like name not pinging and so on.

Can anybody give me some pointer/solution for this problem.

Thanks
Vishwanath