Why do I need a dot at the end of my lookup?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Fri Jul 22 11:57:13 UTC 2005

--On 22. juli 2005 11:05 +0200 "Thomas Kinghorn [MTNNS -Rosebank]"
<thomask at mtnns.net> wrote:
> Query was c:\nslookup www.cisco.com server.domain.name
>
> A TCP dump on server shows:
>
> Host.domain.name.1959 > server.domain.name.domain:  2+ A?
> www.cisco.com.int.domain.name. (45) [tos 0x28]

I'm not familiar with this exact output, but... Host.domain.name is the
machine where you ran c:\nslookup ? And server.domain.name is your
DNS-server where you did this TCP-dump? If so, it looks like it's not the
SERVER which attaches "int.domain.name" to the requests, since that is
already mentioned in the DNS-request from Host.domain.name ?

--
Regards / Hilsen
Eivind Olsen