DNS request slow and timedout

Danysing LUCKHY dluckhy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:46:02 UTC 2005

Dear bind experts,
=20
For my new DNS server (Solaris 8), I installed a BIND 8.4.6 chrooted.
But when I test my DNS server, most of my DNS request on Internet take
a long time (about 5 seconds) and someone get a timeout.
But there's also some DNS request which work fine.
I installed an ethereal on my server and I've seen what happened for
the the request which take a lot of time or timeout, it's something
like that :

Frame 1 : myserver -> Internet (DNS request)
Frame 2 : Internet -> myserver (answer : you have to query this server xxxx=
)
+ 4 seconds
Frame 3 : myserver -> server xxx (DNS request)
Frame 4 : server xxx -> myserver (Final answer)
=20
If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome.
=20
Thanks
=20
Dany