Poisoning & error messages question...

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 8 14:03:45 UTC 2005

On 8 Jul 2005, at 14:25, Carl Holtje wrote:

> Is it possible to do this? I was thinkin' instead of resolving to an
> address, not resolve anything (by removing the A entry).. While this
> seems
> like it would work, it also seems like a big hack..

Well, if you're presenting to your "customers" a different view of some
zone from the one the "owner" of the zone is publishing, you're already
engaged in a "big hack", no?

If you need to present a "not found" (NXDOMAIN or NODATA) message to
your
customers, then you need to remove the corresponding data!

/Niall