DNS cluster

kirkgbr kirkgbr at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 13:31:46 UTC 2005

Stelios A. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to set up a DNS cluster using a traditional master-slave but I
> cannot find a way to add the appropriate entries in named.conf on the
> slave DNS (master will run linux with cpanel control panel installed).
> That means that although the zone files would automatically synchronise,
> however I would have to manually add new zone entries to named.conf on the
> 2nd box (linux no control panel).
>
> Hope the above is clear enough!
>
> Any ideas how to achieve that?
>
> Thanks a lot

If you intend on using the master / slave configuration,  you have to
modify the slave servers config file each and every time you add a new
zone to the master.  Now, whether you do that manually or with some sort
of script is up to you.

If you want to use a master / master configuration, you could just use
rsync to replicate the data (zone files _and_ config files) from one
server to the other.

There are numerous other variations of the two.

HTH,
Kirk