dealing with many domains/zones

Robert Montgomery mogtnomr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 11:36:05 UTC 2005

If I have a large number of domains (500K+), is it
faster to just rsync the zone & conf files (creating
multiple masters) instead of using slaves & zone
transfers?

Also, is there any way to minimize the downtime on
reloads?  I'm guessing that multiple fast CPU's and
plenty of RAM are the best you can do to speed up
reloads?  (I'm also guessing that disk I/O isnt a
bottleneck, assuming that there is enough ram ?).

I just need to do anything I can to minimize downtime
during reloads and synching of slaves (or multiple
masters).

thanks,
Rob