Does BIND9 support broadcast/multicast query?

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Dec 26 17:58:54 UTC 2005

> Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:30:23 +0900
> From: Hideshi Enokihara <Hideshi.Enokihara at jp.yokogawa.com>
> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Subject: Does BIND9  support broadcast/multicast query?
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple question for BIND9.
>
> Does BIND9 support a UDP query that is delivered using an IP
> broadcast or multicast address?

broadcast/multicast is handled by the router long before the request
ever reaches the server.  As far as the SERVER is concerned, it just
sees a request and processes normally.

> Please teach me.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> *************************************
> Hideshi Enokihara
> IPv6 Business
> Network & Software Development Dept.
> Yokogawa Electric Corporation

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin