Can I find all domains registered to a particular Nameserver?

Danny Thomas d.thomas at its.uq.edu.au
Sat Dec 10 00:47:06 UTC 2005

on Nov-21 louise.bews at tiscali.co.uk asked:
>Is it possible to find all the domains registered to a particular
>nameserver?
>
>Some sort of reverse lookup or is this info published from Nominet (for
>example)
some whois systems allow this, e.g. that offered by APNIC.net which I believe
is running the RIPE package.

nother approach which I think is currently available for the Verisign
com/net registry, plus .br's, is to use an IRIS client, see
http://iris.verisignlabs.com/blojsom/blog/iris/.

also see the IETF crisp working group
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/crisp-charter.html

some advantages over whois
 i18n, authentication possible, referrals, structured output

E.g.
dregquery.pl -a iris.verisignlabs.com:3434 -mt hostname -T domain ns1.uq.edu.au
CRCMINING.COM (97318929)
CELLIMAGING.COM (25308559)
BIODISCOVERYAUSTRALIA.COM (107687125)
MICKSWATER.COM (90887994)
STUDYATUQ.NET (30612248)
IDENTIFYLIFE.COM (181961810)
BIGMEANIE.NET (72477051)

Danny

--
   d.thomas at its.uq.edu.au    Danny Thomas,
          +61-7-3365-8221    Software Infrastructure,