named error: expected prefix length near '4'

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Mon Oct 4 18:00:52 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 10/04/2004 12:25:51 AM:
> When this message appeared in /var/log/messages, I removed lines in
> the named.conf until it is barebones but the error persists. How do I
> determine what is being referenced as '4'?
>
> ---------/var/log/messages---------
> starting BIND 9.2.3 -u named -t /var/named/chroot

I noticed that you are running named in a chroot jail.  What is the
absolute path of the named.conf file below?

If it is /etc/named.conf and not /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf then you
are editing the wrong file.

You should be editing /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.

Thanks,

Dave...