Resolving locally hosted zones to trusted clients

Matt Goli matt.goli at krause.com
Fri Oct 29 01:03:10 UTC 2004

Thank you for the the feedback on this.  If I want all domains that are
within the external view query-able by clients within the internal
view, can I simply include a file that contains my configuration for
those zones in both views, ie:

view "internal-in" in {
		recursion yes;
  		match-clients { trusted; };
         include "/etc/named-all-public-zones.conf";
};

view "external-in" in {
         match-clients { any; };
         recursion no;
         include "/etc/named-all-public-zones.conf";
};

/etc/named-all-public-zones.conf:

  		zone "fwpubs.com" IN {
                 type slave;
                 file "fwpubs.com.bak";
                 masters { 172.29.10.21; };
                 allow-query { any; };
         };

		zone "krause.com" IN {
                 type slave;
                 file "krause.com.bak";
                 masters { 172.29.10.21; };
                 allow-query { any; };
         };

Does this pass the sanity check, or is this unacceptable?

---
Matt Goli, MCP
Systems Support Group

F+W Publications, Inc.
- www.fwpublications.com
Krause Publications, a division of F+W Publications, Inc.
- www.krause.com