performance stats

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Nov 19 15:23:53 UTC 2004

Vince Hoffman <jhary at unsane.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   	My boss has asked me to provide some information regarding=20
> bind performance on solaris, in particular regarding queries per second=
 and
> if its worth our looking at hardware DNS load balancing. has anyone got=
=20
> any (pointers to) statistics on bind 9 (9.2.2 idealy ;) on solaris=20
> performance?
> probably a bit of a FAQ but my googling hasnt been sucsessful.

> Thanks,
>   	Vince

If solaris performance is a problem why don't you go for better hardware
and / or anycast type implementations ?

Looks to me that the boss already made up their mind and wants you=20
to confirm his beleifs.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,