Logging format for channels

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 18 02:00:03 UTC 2004

In article <cnfn05$h8r$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>

> is there a way I could customize the logging output for a given channel? I
> would like to see the name of the host that is added to a zone when a DDNS
> update request is received. Currently, it only shows what's done, not who:

If the code that generates the log message doesn't include the
information, there's no way the channel can add it.  Log message text is
generally hard-coded in the place that generates the message.  If you
don't like the way the message is formatted, you can modify the code --
that's the beauty of open-source.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA