Forward all external traffic to internal server

Matt Ashburn matt at mattashburn.com
Sun Mar 21 22:46:45 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I'm setting up a small network that will be used to test malware, and I
essentially need to spoof the internet.  Therefore, I need to redirect
all outbound (Internet) traffic to a machine on the LAN (since the LAN
will not be connected to the real Internet for obvious reasons).

What's the best way to do this?  I need to have bind return the same IP
(local DNS, web, etc server) for all internet traffic, but am not sure
how to do this. Also, any tips on getting Apache to accept all requests
would be awesome.

Many thanks,

Matt

Matt Ashburn
President, UVa Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Member, National Military Intelligence Assn.
Member, NOGLSTP & SMPTE

University of Virginia
PO Box 3060
Charlottesville, VA 22903