sysquery: no addrs found for root NS (J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) Please Help!

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Mar 11 20:37:18 UTC 2004

Dan Mahoney wrote:

>This problem [periodic nameserver senescence with "no addrs found for root NS" errors in the logs] has plagued me across upgrades, and the answer can't be
>"don't use forward-first", as that negates the whole use of the
>feature.

Why would you say that? If your connectivity to your forwarders is more
reliable than your direct connectivity to the Internet, "forward only"
quite possibly is a better option for you. With "forward only", you get
your root-zone information through your forwarders instead of trying to
get it directly.

                                                                  - Kevin