Tertiary name server not updating from primary.

Pete Walker pete.walker at adss.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 12:13:41 UTC 2004

I am trying to set up a tertiary name server on a resilient Internet
connection.  The primary is 193.133.13.98, secondary is 193.133.13.97 and
the new one is 212.248.239.133.

Despite the new server (previously a master name server, running Bind 8.2.2
on Linux 7.x ) resolving names OK, I cannot get any zone info from the
primary.  The new server is listed at the top level and in the zone files on
the primary and there should be no problems with the firewall.  What's the
best way to check for the required connectivity between the servers?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Regards,

Pete Walker
AD Software Solutions