BIND 9.2.3 on Windoze 2000 Professional setup

Ed Watts smfwatts at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 27 23:46:07 UTC 2004

 I'm trying to set up BIND 9.2.3 on Windoze 2000 Professional.
 (The port exists, buried in the FAQ.)
 ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/contrib/

 The service (daemon) is installed, but won't start. This is no
 surprise, since the configuration files haven't been set up.

The existing documentation seems very sketchy to me.  There is
info on different configurations, but few clues about the filenames
where these lines should be added  -- named.conf doesn't seem
to exist anywhere on the system.

Has anybody out there done this?  I know there would be a lot of
advantages to just setting up a *NIX box for DNS, but I'm not really
up to speed on that, although I am starting to build some BSD systems.

 I confess to being a complete BIND newbie, but I really have tried to
puzzle this out the best I could. If anybody knows of a cookbook for
BIND on Windoze, that would be extremely helpful