BIND Question

Stefan Puiu stefanpuiu at itcnetworks.ro
Thu Jul 22 16:49:47 UTC 2004

Oops, forgot to reply to the list too. Here's my stab at an answer:

How did you install BIND? The installer should've taken care of this.

You need to look in the Windows registry (using, say, regedit), under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\named.

You should have a string value there by the name "EventMessageFile" with
the contents being the path to bindevt.dll, the DLL where the BIND
message information (that the EventLog needs) is stored. On my system
it's "c:\WINNT\system32\bindevt.dll", you might want to check yours and
set the path respectively.