Related to NS record IP change

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 19 14:56:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 07:38:37AM -0700,
 Swapana Ghosh <swapana_ghosh at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 40 lines which said:

> They are using two more domains as follow...

I cannot parse the above sentence. You mean they are using two more
*nameservers*, not domains?

> dn1.nkginfo.com
> dn2.nkginfo.com
>
> as *name servers* . These should be also  changed to 66.98.146.88.

Both have the same IP address? Why two nameservers if they are
actually the same machine?

> dn1/dn2.nkginfo.com  are mentioned in our nameserver as *A* records.

Yes, but you forgot to tell it to the registrar so Verisign's
nameservers still announce the old one (dig @a.gtld-servers.net
dn1.nkginfo.com.).

kiwi:lib/libc/net % whois -h whois.verisign-grs.com dn1.nkginfo.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Server Name: DN1.NKGINFO.COM
   IP Address: 216.240.145.47
   Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

> Where i am missing?

Update the information at your registrar.