Question concerning IDN

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.af
Sat Jul 3 03:40:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 05:22:25PM +0200,
 Christoph Galuschka <christoph.galuschka at tikom.at> wrote
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> I'm using BIND 9.2.3 and have included the idnkit at
> configuration time.

I never used it so take my message with a grain of salt but:

> and how to name a IDN-Domain in named.conf.

Why not just adding its Punycode form, i.e. xn--something.at? I use
the "idn" program, in GNU libidn, to perform the conversion.

laghman:~ % idn
libidn 0.4.1
Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004 Simon Josefsson.
GNU Libidn comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Libidn under the terms of
the GNU Lesser General Public License.  For more information
about these matters, see the file named COPYING.LIB.
Type each input string on a line by itself, terminated by a newline character.
müller.at
xn--mller-kva.at