shorten cache ttl?

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Thu Jul 1 11:39:05 UTC 2004

Hello,

> max-ncache-ttl

I couldn't try this yet.

> max-cache-ttl
>
> max-cache-ttl sets the maximum time for which the server will cache ordinary
> (positive) answers. The default is one week (7 days).

This doesn't seem to work. In the BIND cache, there's a record that is
at least 2 days old. I set max-cache-ttl to 86400 and restarted BIND,
but the record still appeared, BIND didn't look for new records. Same
when I set max-cache-ttl to 0. Are existing records in the cache treated
different than new records? How can I clear the BIND cache? Another
caching nameserver running djbdns already knows about the new records.

Regards
Marten