acl's and some suggestions for ISC

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 01:32:56 UTC 2004

In article <bup6t9$1qei$1 at sf1.isc.org>, I wrote:
> So my suggestion: ...

Oh, whilst I'm on the subject of suggestions, this one is very minor as
well, even more so ... I find it annoying that named trashes my lovely
zone files. :) Particularly the reverse zones. (This is applicable to
dynamic DNS from DHCP.)

I understand why this is so and what is going on: the records are sorted
alphabetically even if they are numeric (a reverse zone.) But would it
be possible to have numeric records sorted numerically, as the -n option
to GNU sort does. It would aid in maintenance, since numeric records
tend to be part of numerically-ordered ranges.

In fact GNU sort helped me recover from a typo in my OTHERWISE lovely
zone files today. :) But I had to be quick, because we needed the server
up again ASAP.
--
  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply