newbie simple question

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 19:49:45 UTC 2004

In article <bup6p5$1q4t$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Edo wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to BIND so forgive my simple question...

Of course I will, since these are the only kind I can answer. :)

> Is it possible making BIND:
> - reply ONLY to queries for the zones he is serving as master DNS, if the
> query is originated OUTSIDE my server;
> - reply to all queries (recursively or forwarding), if the query is
> originated from my server.

In the BIND 9 Configuration Reference, see section 4.3, "Split DNS".
    file:/usr/doc/bind-9.2.3/arm/Bv9ARM.ch04.html#AEN727
(adjust path and version for your install)
--
  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply