I got 'undefined symbol: ENGINE_new' error

Nicolas Briones nbriones at puc.cl
Mon Jan 5 16:22:00 UTC 2004

I'm trying to run BIND named. The error was

rndc: no key definition for name key

...but after a little research, i find out the problem: i need to run
'rndc-confgen -a', so my system could regenerate the keys. When i do
this, the next error appear:

rndc-confgen: relocation error: /usr/lib/libdns.so.5: undefined
symbol: ENGINE_new

What can i do to run named without secure objects (i don't need
openssl). I really want to repair the error, so it doesn't matter if i
need to uninstall openssl or something like that. Regards,

Nicolas Briones