--enable threads

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 12:24:17 UTC 2004

Ladislav Vobr wrote:

> Is Bind 9.2.3 by default single threaded, when --enable-threads is optional?
The threading default setting use to be platform dependent. But I've
never had a problem over ruling it and going single threaded, not that I
see the point - run with the defaults that way you'll hit the same bugs
as everyone else.

> Can I use safely 64-bit 9.2.3 code created by gcc.3.3.2 on Solaris 9
> 64-bit support installation, Sun E280?

The worse that will happen is you'll lose one name server - if that is a
safety issue - perhaps you have a network design issue ;)

Last time I asked the SUN compiler was the officially supported product,
but hardly anyone was using it to produce BIND executables - so GCC is
probably as good a bet as any compiler.

But I haven't had a chance to play with shiny new SUN hardware, so can't
comment on the specifics.

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature