New Slave Wont Update

Chris chris at rockfort.com
Wed Feb 25 11:56:51 UTC 2004

Hi, I have been using RH 7.2 with Bind 9.1.3 for both of my name servers.
Yesterday, I wiped and loaded Fedora Core1 on my the slave name server (the
secondary). It is running bind 9.2.2-P3 . After loading in the named.conf
from the original slave and restarting bind, it did not copy the zone files
from the master name server like it use to do when the were both running
the same RH and bind versions. I may be just missing a step here, but in
the past the slave always copied over the zone files from the master once I
completed the steps above. The named.conf has the proper entries with the
"salve" and "master" directive. can some please assist me?

Thanks very much

God bless you

Chris