NT 9.3.0 release == 9.3.0rc4???

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Tue Dec 21 03:48:33 UTC 2004

Nevermind...

I apparently originally installed rc4 on the new server from an old
distribution... when I downloaded the final release version, I installed
without stopping the service and it didn't overwrite it (but the installer
didn't throw any errors or suggest stopping the service so I didn't know it
never succeeded). It's now 9.3.0 and not 9.3.0rc4 so I solved my own
problem. Still, I think the installer should have warned about that or at
least thrown an error.

At 10:39 PM 12/20/2004, Vinny Abello wrote:
>I just downloaded the latest binary distribution of BIND 9.3.0 for NT. In
>the event log when started, it indicates that it is still 9.3.0rc4??? Is
>this correct? Is rc4 the same as the final release?

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.