nsupdate with bind9

Matt Kukowski elitescripts2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 10:12:13 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have nsupdate set up with keys with my bind9 server and I added/deleted A and CNAME records.. however Im having problems finding info/examples on how to add MX records.

Can someone send me or point me to a location where I can get all ( or all the most major ) examples on how to add all types of dns records ???

example to add an A record with nsupdate:
update delete somehost.example.com. A
update add somehost.example.com. 86400 A 10.0.0.1

Above would be example format Im looking for.. I know you need to add lines
server ns1.example.com
zone example.com
before updating.. I just need to know the lines to add MX records and better yet all types of records..

thanks in advance
-matt