Non-authoritative problem

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Thu Dec 9 16:54:00 UTC 2004

I have a domain ci.malden.ma.us which I need to be authoritative for in
order for the us nic to point the dns server to me.

My dns server are

Reuben.meganet.net
Ns1.bos.ma.meganet.net
Ns1.prv.ri.meganet.net

I have created a primary zone in reuben and entered them as secondary in
ns1.bos and ns1.prv. The zones get transferred from reuben to ns1.prv and
ns1.bos with no problem. The only problem is when I do a dig on ns1.bos.ma I
get a non-authoritative answer. For reuben and ns1.prv.ri its working fine.
I used rndc to flush and reload dns, I updated the serial and nothing on
ns1.bos.ma. the named.conf file is the same on ns1.prv.ri (working) as it is
on ns1.bos.ma, not working.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Paul Amaral