AW: Problems with Zone transfers

Fernando Costa de Almeida falmeida at computeasy.com.br
Thu Dec 9 15:17:21 UTC 2004

I also noticed something very strange...

When I change some data in the master, and notifies are sent to the
slaves, the transfer occurs without problems.

-------
named[45256]: zone ibdb.org.br/IN: transferred serial 2002061216
named[45256]: transfer of 'ibdb.org.br/IN' from 200.150.208.2#53: end of
transfer
-------

The problem occurs only when the REFRESH time expires and the slaves
automatically try to refresh the zone.

The other strange behaviour is that the slaves are trying to transfer
the zones even though they are not newer than the version they have.

Is that normal?

Below is an excerpt of a zone configuration:

$TTL 3600
@               IN      SOA   ns1.computeasy.com.br.
root.computeasy.com.br. (
                         2002062390      ; Serial
                         3600            ; Refresh
                         901             ; Retry
                         604800          ; Expiration
                         3600 )          ; Minimum

;
; NAME SERVERS
;
                 IN      NS ns1
                 IN      NS ns2
                 IN      NS ns3

;
; MAIL EXCHANGERS
;
                 IN      MX 10 mcl01mx

;
; HOSTS
;
@                   IN  A       200.150.209.213
admin               IN  A       200.150.208.2

Thanks in advance,

--
ALMEIDA, Fernando Costa de