BIND 9.2 and Wildcards (MYSTERIOUS!)

Peter John Hartman peterjh at mennonot.net
Tue Aug 31 20:33:36 UTC 2004

You've got it, but how do I resolve this problem.

We have some legacy sites which need to go to an old server, so our zone file looks like this:

yellowcreek.in.us       A       199.8.232.8
                        IN      MX      0       MX1.MENNONITE.NET.
                        IN      MX      10      MX2.MENNONITE.NET.
www.yellowcreek.in.us   A       199.8.232.8
                        IN      MX      0       MX1.MENNONITE.NET.
                        IN      MX      10      MX2.MENNONITE.NET.
*.mennonite.net.    14400   IN  A   199.8.232.35

Was this just a loophole in older BIND that BIND 9 fixed?

Thanks!
Peter