BIND9 does not respond at all

charles charles_cala at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 18:46:01 UTC 2004

Have you tried talking about things that bind is interested in?
Perhaps an afternoon movie and dinner?
You could work with bind8 and make it jealous.

while you are on the machine, can you run
strace /truss / par on the box?

is your chroot jail to tight?

are you able to open a socket on port 53?

what shows up in the error logs?

what does a packet sniff show?

are your security features on to tight (ipchains/