BIND9 does not respond at all

Kerry Thompson kerry at security.geek.nz
Thu Aug 5 22:39:42 UTC 2004

It could be a lot of things. Try running tcpdump ( command : "tcpdump port
53" ) or similar sniffer like ethereal/tethereal on the server and look at
the DNS traffic :

 - is the request being received ? or are you running a firewall filtering
it?

 - does the server send a response back?

 - does the server forward the request to a forwarder?

 - the the forwarder reply?

... and so on.

Kerry

--