Errors i am seeing in my named log file

Andrew akennedy at exemail.com.au
Fri Apr 16 11:48:38 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I seem to be running named correctly as a primary on my home network.
This is done via a Redhat 7.2 machine. Couple of questions though. If
i do a nslookup of an IP from an internal machine , lets say through
dos, the first attempt always times out & then the second or third
will resolve correctly. Is this normal?

Also i am seeing a few of these in my log file. The second is my
actual router so i dont know why this is being denied...
security: info: client 192.88.193.144#1279: query 'eziekiel.com/IN'
denied
security: error: client 192.168.0.1#1030: update 'eziekiel.com/IN'
denied

What would this machine be trying to do. Is it trying to use my DNS
server to do resolving for it ??. I am just not sure. Here is a part
copy of my named.conf file. If there is any improvements you can see
that i can add/remove , please pass it on to me...

acl internal {
        192.168.0.0;
};
acl easydns.com {