ignoring out-of-zone data???

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Tue Apr 13 22:37:42 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 02:43 am, hakim soso wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using bind9 as root zone name server for domain ff (for example),
> & when I put a domain eg:
> aaa.ff IN NS aa.ll.com
>        IN NS aa1.ll.com
> aa.ll.com IN A x.y.z.c
> aa1.ll.com IN A x.a.s.z
>
> where x.y.z.c & x.a.s.z is the slave & master name servers for ff
> domain
>
> I get this error: dns_master_load db.ff:7 ignoring out-of-zone data
> (aa.ll.com)
>                   dns_master_load db.ff:7 ignoring out-of-zone data
> (aa1.ll.com)

It's self-explanatory; the aa.ll.com and aa1.ll.com are NOT part of the
(as you put it example) ff zone.

The NS records belong in the ff zone, but the A records do not.  If you
host dns for the ll.com zone, then the A records belong there;
otherwise the people who host DNS for ll.com will take care of it.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation