resolving domain basis1.de and basis1.com - DNS newbie

Uwe Disch uwe.disch at gmx.net
Mon Apr 5 18:41:54 UTC 2004

Hello,

recently I discovered that I have problems in resolving basis1.de and
basis1.com (It's a domain of a local company). I'm running bind 8.2.2
as DNS for intranet and as cache for internet.

If I do a "nslookup basis1.com" on the dns then bind is telling me:

Server:  someserver.somecompany.com
Address:  192.168.10.10

*** someserver.somecompany.com can't find basis1.com: Non-existent
host/domain

If I do a "nslookup basis1.com dummy-dns.dummy-domain.com" afterwards,
bind returns:

*** Can't find server address for 'dummy-dns.dummy-domain.com': Unknown
host

Server:  someserver.somecompany.com
Address:  192.168.10.10

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    basis1.com
Address:  62.146.78.226

Whow! From now on it's working fine for some hours. This way of working
is for basis1.de the same...

Any idea?

With best regards

Uwe Disch