Slave won't transfer if NS record present

Barry Margolin barry.margolin at level3.com
Fri Oct 17 15:14:44 UTC 2003

In article <bmnncj$17n6$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Jesse  <ras1 at jamrockmusic.com> wrote:
>Both are running 9.2.1 . This is the zone file from the master. If I
>remove or change the NS record for bullet.pharfly.com the zone will
>transfer.

Are there any log messages on the master or slave when the zone transfer
fails?

Can you do "dig netlivity.com axfr @chalice.jamrockmusic.com" on the slave?

I just queried both servers and they have the same SOA serial number.  Have
you already resolved the problem, or did you copy the zone file to the
slave manually?

Barry Margolin, barry.margolin at level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA