Some netreg Questions

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Oct 30 16:07:29 UTC 2003

In a previous message to this group under a different topic,
"Owen McShane" writes:
>Alternatively, you give the us-configured/unpatched users a separate
view of DNS, in which you claim to be authoritative for '.', and
set up a zone for '.'
with a wildcard A record pointing to your webserver.

	This is a perfect lead-in to my two questions.  It looks like
the INSTALL document for netreg-1.3rc2 is based on the use of bind8
which had no views.  Am I correct in understanding that views could
let one use the master dns for netreg by creating the restricted
wild-card view which anyone using the unregistered address range gets?
The other view is the normal public view we all see right now.

	Also, does the netreg dhcp server then use ddns to update the
master when new clients register?
	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group