bind 9 not working for outside domains

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Oct 29 07:02:57 UTC 2003

Sherona Hoosen <sherona at cns.wits.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi

> How do I enable recursion as well as get the latest copy of root.hints file

Recursion is enabled until you turn it off

The roothintfile itself contains instructions about
where to get a fresh copy :
;       This file holds the information on root name servers needed to
;       initialize cache of Internet domain name servers
;       (e.g. reference this file in the "cache  .  <file>"
;       configuration file of BIND domain name servers).
;
;       This file is made available by InterNIC
;       under anonymous FTP as
;           file                /domain/named.root
;           on server           FTP.INTERNIC.NET
;
;       last update:    Nov 5, 2002
;       related version of root zone:   2002110501
;

--
Peter Håkanson