Views...

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Wed Oct 1 18:35:27 UTC 2003

I'm creating a named.conf with views support.   It seems you must have all
zones in a view.

My internal LAN is an RFC network, so when I go to mydomain.com, I want the
view to indicate that RFC address, not the routable address on the external
interface; however, my real DNS is served externally (ie: by another
source) so I don't need inbound queries on those zones.

I suppose it's harmless to simply place a stub db.* file in the "external"
view to get this working, but I wonder if I'm doing this correctly.

_F